Wednesday, February 26, 2014

BlogAboutLatest News & PressDecorating & OrganizingStoresContact 





Greetings!

I hope you have all made your February a happy month of love!  My hubby and I enjoyed a quiet night at home together for Valentine's Day.  I made dinner and set a nice table, and then we exchanged cards and small meaningful gifts over tea and dessert, with soft music playing in the background.  We are both still unapologetic romantics--before we did the dishes, Steve asked me to dance in the kitchen--something I find beyond endearing and sweet.   (Especially since our kitchen is the size of a postage stamp!)  When I was chatting with a cute 24 year old waitress the other day at lunch, hearing about her boyfriend and travels and youthful hopes and dreams, etc., and I told her my hubby and I have been married nearly 34 years and that we are in the process of planning a trip to celebrate our 35th anniversary next year, she said, "Oh my gosh, congratulations; that gives me goosebumps!"   I smiled.  We met at ages 18 & 19, (in the middle of a severe Midwestern blizzard we should not have been out in!), and I realized suddenly while making our Valentine dinner that we have now shared 36 Valentine's Day celebrations! Life moves quickly; celebrate!


Fun Freebies & My Blog Revamp:

I've been working for several weeks with my fab long-time webmaster, Julia, on  "blog beautification" since I have written my blog since 2007 and felt it was high time for a revamp. Be sure to check out my new Freebies page where I have included how-to articles, tutorials, and home cooked recipes organized by category.  I'll continually be adding to that page, too.   My new Buy My Books page makes it easier for you to see what topics my home and lifestyle books cover and what readers say about them and you can now buy many of the products I write about in my books in my Amazon store.    Blog posts going forward will have much larger photos!   There are many more tweaks we did to my blog to make it much easier to find things as well as easier to read, so please poke around and enjoy perusing.   I'm sure there are still a few glitches, technology being what it is with rapid change, but we'll iron those out as we go.  


Latest Media Interview:

I was honored to be contacted by Woman's World  magazine  recently for an interview about home.   Woman's World  is the number 1 bestselling magazine on newsstands in the U.S. so it makes me smile to share what I know, and live personally, with so many women and their families.   The editor said she thought the info. I shared with her was great and the article is scheduled to be published in April so be sure to check your favorite newsstand.
 
 
Yummy Muffin Recipe:
 
'Til we meet again, here's an easy muffin recipe to warm up your kitchen, and tummy, these last days of winter!  I've enjoyed baking with coconut flour recently.  Give it a try!
 
 

"Decorating is not about making stage sets; it's not about making pretty pictures for the magazines; it's really about creating a quality of life, a beauty that nourishes the soul."

 --Albert Hadley

 

Blessings,

Kathryn :)
   
Decorating, Organizing, & Lifestyle Books to Help You Bloom!
Click on image for more information
 
Small Space Organizing:  A Room-by-Room Guide  to Maximizing Your Space Organizing Tips & Quips:  How to Get Your Life in Order When You're Pressed for Time Organized With Ease:  How to Get Organized  for Your Business Success Moving With Ease: The 8 Week Plan for an Organized & Stress-Free Move Whether You Hire a Mover or Do It Yourself

191 Tips for Indoor & Outdoor Cottage Style at Home 121 Dollarwise Decorating & Organizing Tips  to Make Your House a Home How to Set Up Easy A-Z Home Office & Personal Filing Systems My

 

Connect with me 

 




Small Room Decorating magazine cover photo by Wendell T. Webber
This email was sent to ayaheshita00.style1@blogger.com by kathrynbechen@yahoo.com |  
Kathryn Bechen INK | 991-C Lomas Santa Fe Drive#418 | Solana Beach | CA | 92075

0 comments:

Post a Comment